How to Make Mushroom Coffee Delicious
Mushroom coffee has a number of incredible benefits
on its own, but did you suspect that you could make some mushroom coffee recipes
for incredible drinks that will absolutely supercharge your morning?! You bet you can, just as you can with regular coffee. Not only will you get the boost of alertness, focus, and clarity of cordyceps and lions mane mushrooms - plus the caffeine! - but you'll be able to skip the jitters of regular coffee. You also get a delicious treat that makes your morning move...or any other time of day. Here are 3 mushroom coffee recipes that you will wonder how you ever lived without.
Mushroom Coffee Pumpkin Spice Latte
Oh, you think you've had a pumpkin spice latte? You haven't had a PSL until you've had a mushroom coffee pumpkin spice latte. This builds on dead-simple latte recipe and adds the pumpkin and spice flavors that makes so many people look forward to falling.
- Heat 2 cups of milk of your choice - regular, soy, almond or coconut milk - over a saucepan set on medium-low until it's close to foaming
- Brew 1-½ cups of mushroom coffee through an espresso machine.
- Pour into a blender or suitable cup or vessel that can be used with an immersion blender
- Add milk without pouring in the foam
- Add 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice and 1 to 2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree to taste. Add the desired sweetener to taste
- Blend until it becomes light and frothy
Pour into two cups...or one big one! Enjoy. Want to turn that late into a mocha? Skip the puree and spice and add cocoa.
Defiant Mushroom Coffee Recipe
This mushroom coffee recipe is a knockout if consumed as part of an intermittent fasting and/or ketogenic diet regimen. It's also ridiculously easy to make.
- Brew mushroom coffee as desire the d, by the coffee machine, french press, Aeropress, however, you wish
- Pour into blender or cup suitable for use with an immersion blender
- Add 1 tablespoon MCT oil
- Add 1 tablespoon of other oil or fat of your choice
- Blend until frothy
- Add to drinking vessel of your choice
It's recommended that you use 1 tablespoon or less of MCT oil until you've built up a tolerance to it. The effects are fairly well known; use too much and you'll need to be close to the bathroom! Other fats and oil sources popular for this application include grass-fed, RBST-free butter, olive oil, full-fat coconut milk and heavy cream. Add any other flavoring agents you want if desired. A bit of sugar-free cocoa powder is a great addition to BPC.
Iced Mushroom Coffee Recipe
Iced coffee, including iced mushroom coffee, isn't necessarily as simple as just making a pot and putting it in the fridge. Iced coffee takes a bit more to successfully pull off, and also depends on exactly how you have it.
That said, this is a very simple mushroom coffee recipe.
Start by making iced coffee. Iced coffee requires double the concentration of regular coffee, as you don't have hot water infusing with the grounds and mushrooms. The easiest way to do it adds the correct amount of grounds to a french press, then depressing the plunger and leaving in the refrigerator overnight or at least for 8 hours to infuse. You can also use a dedicated cold coffee brewing station (same applies) or simply put the grounds in a bottle, add water, shake and leave to brew. Just make sure to filter the grounds out later. Once the coffee has had at least 8 hours to infuse, it's time to add any extra ingredients. The easiest is to blend with milk and the sweetener of your choice. You can also opt for full-fat coconut milk and any other flavoring agents of your choice. Add chai spices for a cold chai tea flavor - it's really all up to you!
Defiant Coffee Mushroom Blends